Day One: Leg Strength and Cardio
Pick your favorite five to six exercises and give about 1 min. between sets to build endurance.
- Classis Squats: Three sets of 12 – 15 reps. Determine what your single rep max is and try to complete the 12 – 15 reps at 50 – 60% of that number.
- 666 (Hell Squats): Do six sets of six reps taking six seconds to perform the squat. Rest one second at the bottom, then take six seconds to lift back to the upright position. Go LIGHT!
- Leg Press: Three sets of 12 – 15 reps. Alternate between the seated and angled leg presses on different days.
- Lunges: Three sets of 12- 15 reps holding dumbbells. Make sure to use weights you can handle to complete a full set of reps.
- Kettle Bell Sumo Squats: Four sets of 10 – 16 reps.
- Calf Raises: Three sets of 10 – 12 using HEAVY weights.
- Wall Sit: Keep your back flat against the wall, make sure your quads are parallel to the floor, your knees are at a 90-degree angle, and your arms are folded across your chest. Start with one minute
and build up to 3 minutes.
- Box Jumps: Three sets of 12 – 15 reps. The box/bench should be slightly taller than the top of your knee caps. Jump with both feet and land on both feet.
- Cardio: At a steady pace, do 20 minutes on the Ascent Trainer on the Glute Training program.
Day Two: Upper Body with Functional Cardio Pace Core Focus
- Four sets of 50 mountain climbers progressing into maximum number of pushups to failure, which is doing as many as you can
- Four sets of 10 – 15 reps of burpee pushups with a vertical jump.
- Four sets of 16 – 20 reps super setting (going back to back) high lat pulls to low pully rows.
- Four sets of 25 – 50 reps of core holds (sitting with your legs off the ground & slightly leaning back) and shoulders pressing light weights using dumbbells or a medicine ball.
- Three sets of 10 – 15 reps per leg of leg side raises. Balance on one leg while doing a side leg raise
with the other.
- Four sets of 100 boxing shadow punches while holding 5 – 10 lb. dumbbells. Use your core in the twisting motion while throwing the punches.
- Three sets of 20 reps of V-ups.
- Three sets of 100 bicycles.
Day Three: Interval Cardio Day
- Treadmill: 20 minutes of walking or jogging on a comfortable incline
- Bike or Elliptical: 20 minutes
- Jumping Rope: 20 minutes
Day Four: Ski Specific Exercises for Endurance Day
- Four sets of 50 – 100 reps of bodyweight squats on the flat side of a Bosu.
- Four sets of on minute of 90-degree wall sits.
- Four sets of 20 side slide lunges per leg, with disk.
- Four sets of 20 box/bench jumps.
- Four sets of 90 second front planks.
- Four sets of one minute burnouts of a 90-degree squat on the elliptical. Use the stationary handles while going in the forward motion on the elliptical, extend your arms all the way back while holding on, lower yourself to a 90-degree angle while still rotating your legs forward.
- Three sets of body-weight lunges to failure.
Day Five: Full-Body Day- Circuit StylePerform each of these exercises once for 45 seconds, getting as many reps as possible with a 20 second rest between each exercise. Then repeat the circuit 3 – 5 times or for 60 – 75 minutes depending on your level of
- Jump squats
- Jumping jacks
- Squats with dumbbell presses
- Step-ups with dumbbell curls
- Medicine ball twist (Roman twists)
- Lat pulldowns
- Bench dips
- Jumping or walking lunges
- Side raise then front raise with dumbbells
- Mountain climber
- Fitball crunches
- Bike sprint
- Squats with mid row from cables
- 90-degree wall sit
Day Six: Core and Durational Cardio
- Three sets of 50 reps of wood chop twists.
- Three sets of fitball or bosu ball crunches to failure.
- Three sets of burnout leg lifts to failure.
- Three sets of 20 side bends with a dumbbell.
- 45 – 60 minutes of jogging, power-incline walking, ellipitcal, bike or Glute Training program on the Ascent trainer.